Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sir Zulfiqar Vs Sir Abdul Wahab Suri


Today when I left the class, I was walking to the gate and I was thinking that today I really learned some quality things, though it is very rare of Sir Zulfiqar to enrich us with his knowledge (usually he is specific about the topic). I was really happy. Suddenly an idea (I can’t find any other appropriate term right now) hit my mind that is, my other teacher Sir Soori (who I admire a lot) is like a sea, very enormous and vast, I just need to go near to the sea, and the long waves will come to me. I don’t have to put any efforts to obtain the wisdom of the sea. But today I have realized that Sir Zulfiqar is like a well. I need to turn the shaft in order to let the container go down to the water. I need to put efforts to fetch the wisdom out of the well, and I just know that there is water down there but I can’t imagine its depth. There is another reason for comparing him to the well; you see the water that comes out from the well is sweet as compared to the salty water of the sea. Sir Zulfiqar has his charm that is optimism and openness. He wont condemn the stupidest argument or thing you say, but he will welcome your thoughts with openness, and this attitude will make you feel comfortable enough to ignore your fears or guilt (which some people like me have that what they are saying is stupid, and they better shut up) and makes you confident, and then he will lead you to the right direction, explore your vision and help you to come over your ignorance. He might have not realized it but he did help me a lot. He is the only teacher with I feel confident enough to say and share my own thought. He is very encouraging, politest and calmed person I have ever known. While my other teacher Sir Soori, I compared him to the sea because the water of the sea is still water but it is salty, that is how he is. He will brighten your thoughts; he will make you realize many simple things that you haven’t even bother to look at. He is an amazing person, for a moment he will be giving all his might to support a theory and the next moment he will bombard to the very bases on which that theory is established, and destroy them too, then he will leave you surprised and overwhelmed. Sometimes you feel lost too. So far what I have known is, the duty of a teacher is not to answer students’ questions, but to show them different paths and tempt their students to select which one is right for them. And I suppose this is what my teachers do. Because if they keep just answering us, that would eventually kill our own intellect. Besides I believe that one can never be satisfied with someone else’s opinion or answer. Everyone has to find their own answers in order to be satisfied, instead of wandering to other people’s doors for answers.





Note: Both of my beloved teachers have very keen insight whatever they talk about. But the difference is in their attitudes which are the reason (despite of their knowledge) why I admire them both.



Dated: 18-Oct-11.

12 comments:

  1. Sir zulfiqar basically a pessimist.

    And "tube"(not tubi) how on earth i wud know that you post here on the blog. After Aisha comment on ur wall i was able to know about ur blog update

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know blog is such a gloomy place. I just got a feeling

    ReplyDelete
  3. n what makes you think that hes a pessimist? :O

    PS. next time i will personally knock your door to tell you that the blog has been updated. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sir Suri is like a sea n Sir Zulfiqar is like a well.........v well analysis :#

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep knock my door plz. i cant visit the blog every time

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HE IS A PASSIMIT. I know him. Cant give excerpts from his lectures here. I think you are face reader. Read him simply

    ReplyDelete
  8. when did u get to know him :O
    because i don't remember him expressing his own thoughts in class, may b ur under this expression because he taught us Neitzsche :\

    and what on earth did u write earlier that later made u delete the post :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yr pehle wali post ki english sahi nhi thi ;))
    I dont know him anyway . bus number ache nhi dete. optimist gives gud marks :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Owwwww thats the reason lolzzzzz
    yea he almost failed me too but still i can't help but admire him ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sir Wahab Suri is an outstanding scholar & prolific thinker.. I'm not his formal student in Karachi Uni, rather I belong to Multan & I met him and listened his lectures in Sahiwal.. where he off and on visits for 3 days to deliver lectures on some specific topics. All of U r lucky enough to have such a "Sea of knowledge" amongst u...

    Tayyab Ali Taga

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dr Abdul Wahab Suri is one ov those whom i admire alot he opens things in such a way that u are able to recognize the hidden lion behind the bush and teaches evey thing by relating it with its history and presenting its critique i have learned alot ov things from him thnx dr alot

    ReplyDelete