I was at the exit of our faculty when someone called my name from behind. I turned and it was my classmate. I gave him a questioning look. He said: “Sir Alam wants to see you; you have to go back to the department.” For a moment I was at the peak of annoyance because I had come a long way. But that was not to long before I was going back to the department.
I am sure you must have heard this kind of phrase “only if I have blab blab blab, I would have blab blab blab”, everyone uses this regretful phrase once in a while. “Only if I have left 2 minutes early, I would have catch the bus”, “only if I had gone back, this would have happened in other way” etc etc. It is lucky to be on the right place on right time because sometimes it really is a matter of seconds that changes one’s life forever.
So, back to the story, I was kind of upset that day because the day before, I and my friend was sitting outside the main library in our university, and I saw a guy I happened to know. Actually I don’t really know him, but I recognize him. He is not a student in my department but he used to come to attend Sir Suri’s class, when I was in third year I guess. I remember him well because once I and my other friend went to see Sir Suri but as usual couldn’t bring ourselves to go to his office (despite the fact that he is my mentor, I never pull the courage to talk to him) So I was begging to my friend to go and talk to Sir on my behalf, then he (the guy) came out of the office and walked past us, I called him,” Ay bhai, is sir Suri in his worse mood or just in a bad mood”, he was shocked for a moment then shook his head,” No, he is not in his office.” My friend was laughing aloud, and for many days after, all of my friends mocked me by calling “Ay bhai, Ay bhai”.
Anyway, again back to the story, I was sitting and having lunch with my friend, I saw him coming slowly toward the library. I recognized him of course, my friend was telling me something but I was lost in thoughts. He was looking so… I really can’t find word to define but let’s say, so scattered. He always dressed neatly. But that time he was out of his personality, his clothes were a mess and he was wearing slepers, plus he was shaved head (I clearly remember he had hair before). He and that girl weren’t talking, though the girl looked fine but I could felt the tension between them, they sat in front of us. I was constantly looking at them, the girl looked at me several times, and then that guy saw me too. I could see he recognized me too. I really wanted to go and ask him what is being bothering him. (Though being a coward, I know I can only do this in dreams). I also asked my friend to take a look at him. Anyway, when I came back home, I couldn’t get his sad face out of my mind. I asked that whatever was the matter, may Allah solve that, and I also asked that let me see him once again tomorrow because it is really hard for me to get rid of something that once stick in my mind.
I went to university next day. I am use to walk with my head down and space out in thoughts. But that day I was attentive and pushing my day dreaming aside, and looking time to time to the people passing by. No luck.
So, back to the first story, when I went to the department, talked to Sir Alam, and then again walked all the way to the exit all gloomy, head downwards, for a second I raised my head to see the path… there he was…, coming with that girl, talking and relieved. Our eyes met for a second but he was too much into whatever he was telling to that girl. All of a sudden, I was relaxed. Actually I was really happy to see him back to in high spirit.
Then I thought if I hadn’t gone back, or may be if I had left early or late, the timing would have been disturbed and I wouldn’t have seen him. There is about 0.1% chance to see a single specific person in hundreds of people, and especially when you don’t even know his whereabouts. You must be thinking why on earth I bothered to even care about someone I don’t even know the name of, the answer is simple...which I don’t know, but I guess it is natural and normal.
Anyway, of course there is a point to telling you the story and also wasting your time. I just want to deliver my thought that, if you have forgotten something, it might be a sign to prevent you from any danger or may be for you to meet with your luck. So, don’t be in hurry and don’t get annoyed, go ahead with it and lets universe set the timings for you.
Dated: 27-Oct-11
v well said m 100% agree with ur point as i said i have learnt many things from u ....last para is quite meaningful....along with "ayy bhaii";)too... keep writting gudluck :)
ReplyDeleteThankyou ^_^
ReplyDeletewhat a writing!
ReplyDeletei wonder if this is a compliment :$
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS A COMPLIMENT TUBE . THIS IS . You started and then went to past and in the end consolidated the story ... its great yar. i m first tym offended by you and your writing. I vl write now
ReplyDeleteth...th...thankyou :O
ReplyDelete